12 October 2010

#15

His voice rang out clearly through the clashing waves. He said that he’d only give me one piece of advice that night. If I was going to take anything away, be it that I should live my life – never have a boring relationship. And the lies came flowing out as I reassured him that what I had was anything but boring. The words frantically poured out, as to drown the unspoken sentiments of this moment. He knew it and I knew it – if the truth were anywhere close to my words, why had things progressed so far? Here we were, intoxicated and half-naked, masquerading the beginnings of a one night stand as a beautiful moment.

He asked me if I was happy.

I tore my eyes away, looked at the moon, and closed my eyes. I willed myself to feel something, anything. Was there guilt, desire, or even anger? I opened my eyes to his face hovering above my own.

Nothing. I felt nothing inside.